Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Winds of Change


Until this year, with the country in shambles, I never cared to vote. Democrat. Republican. Whatever. I really don't like any politicians because, well, they're just that: politicians. I figured that my vote couldn't single-handedly keep the bad apples out of office, but I certainly wouldn't be held responsible for putting any of them in, either.

My great-grandma Gina, on the other hand, worked the polls for 40 years. She loved it. So much so that she worked the polls 3 days after her 100th birthday. Yesterday she would have been 102.


Anyway, after 8 years of bumbling idiocy, I decided to be part of the change. With very little time, I tried to educate myself as best I could on the candidates, including those running for my local offices. It was kind of like having homework again, but I found it exciting at the same time. Ib and I got up this morning and were at the polls at 6:00 am. We did our civic duty and it felt good.


So here's to change, to the future, and to Grandma Gina.

1 comment:

Almost Sooted said...

What a bummer, you didn't even tell us who you voted for!!!!!!!!

I too have followed your mantra for voted and have continued it this year as well. The state of Maryland always goes Democrat, so their is no point of me voted either way. Oh well, maybe I'll learn someday.