Sunday, January 10, 2010

That's My Story and I'm Stickin' To It...


"This television collects too much dust."

"I can't read the football scores."

"I'll only use it while I'm exercising."

"I didn't get Ib anything for Christmas."

"We'll have a really nice tax refund this year."

"It's been 100 days since he had a cigarette."

Do I need to come up with more? We've had a pretty big weekend, here at the Casa Contessa. Saturday marked Ib's 100th day as a non-smoker, as well as Knox's 100-day birthday.

While I absolutely love being able to work from home, I do miss the gym. I found myself on craigslist and saw an ad for an elliptical machine, dirt cheap. I sent an email and it was still available. The lady told me that the computer, which keeps track of your time, heart rate, calories burned, etc. did not work. The price was right, so I told her that I wasn't concerned about it. So Saturday morning I went and picked it up. It just fit in the Toyota and we got the back door closed.

I've never been crazy about exercise equipment in the living room, but this thing is a beast! We really don't have anywhere else to put it. I'm hoping the plant will help disguise some of the unattractiveness. Oh, and the non-working computer...two AA batteries go a long way. It works perfectly!

So we've been working on rearranging the living room, as well as a little spring cleaning for Jen Price's upcoming visit. That's when I decided I'd had enough "talk" about a new television.

I really thought I'd outdone myself when I conspired with Laura and Christie to get some of Ib's favorite beer (only available on the east coast) delivered to Arizona for an early birthday surprise.

But you should have seen the look on his face when I clicked that "COMPLETE PURCHASE" button last night.

Sears was having a sale on a sale, with cash back on top of that. So I closed my eyes and gritted my teeth...and now I think I may have been replaced.

This purchase also just fit in the back of the Toyota, with the back door closed. I'm calling it "television gluttony".

It's not as obnoxious as I thought it would be and it really improves my TV feng shui. Plus, I can easily see it from my elliptical machine on the other side of the room. Even the football scores.

Knox wasn't that impressed, but I must say I'm looking forward to some HD Sesame Street.


1 comment:

Amber said...

#9 is pretty good.