Monday, September 6, 2010

Oh, Crap[per]!


I had a minor mishap while cleaning the bathroom this morning. I carefully, or so I thought, put Ib's aftershave on the shelf above the toilet so I could wipe down the sink. Then I heard the crash. Unfortunately, it was even worse than it sounded.

Scissors might beat paper; And rock might beat scissors. But, apparently, glass beats porcelain.

In fact, glass downright kicked porcelain's butt.

Not exactly how Ib and I pictured spending our holiday, but it was off to Home Depot for us.

First the removal and relocation to the back yard. At least we fit in with the rest of the neighbors, now. Then it was in with the new!

We got a high-efficiency dual flow...it does a half-flush for #1 and a full-flush for #2. Ooooooh...fancy. Actually, the real reason I picked out this model is that the button to flush is on the top of the tank lid. I figure it will be harder for Knox to reach, so there might not be as many renegade flushings once he figures out how the toilet works.


A little fire power to cut the floor bolts down. Thankfully it turned out to be a pretty smooth transition. We did have to put a shim under the edge, but at least there were no leaks.

Yep, this pretty much says it all.

Thanks for your hard work, husband. I promise not to clean any more.


1 comment:

Nini said...

Awesome! Europe has the #1 and #2 flushers...first time I saw them was in NZ. You are right about Knox not being able to reach it very well...that is great! Jameson is still fascinated by flushing the toilet...it drives me crazy!