Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Madness Begins


After days of stalking Craigslist, I found what I was looking for. A beautiful cherry wood crib, with a price that couldn't be beat. I emailed the seller and bit my nails waiting for a response. Unfortunately, someone had already moved in for the kill. I was bummed, but figured we still have 7 months to shop around. Something would come up.

Thursday afternoon I got an email from the seller. Her buyer had gone MIA and she wondered if we were still interested. YA-HOOOO! We made arrangements to meet and went to pick it up after work. It's exactly what I wanted and I couldn't be happier with our first baby purchase. (Excuse the pink...this was the ad photo!)

We also got a nice mattress, so as soon as I make that ebay purchase for the giraffe bedding set, we'll be ready to rock! An exciting note on that: the seller keeps dropping the price because no one is buying...patience IS a virtue!

This was waiting in the mailbox when we got home yesterday. Auntie Nini sent some great pregnancy books, Analise made some fridge-art and we got our first onesie. It's so tiny and cute! I'm hooked. (Hooray for giraffes! This will be one of Grandma's favorites, I'm sure!)

Next mission: Get out the paint brushes and rollers again!

No comments: