Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Simply Amazing


This morning Ib and I went for our first ultrasound. The doctor moved our due date out a few weeks and it's now September 29th. She measured the image and said the baby is 9 weeks (but I'm still technically "11 weeks pregnant"). See, I knew math never made sense.


We could see the umbilical cord. We also heard the baby's heartbeat. It was the most amazing thing I've ever heard. I could have sat there and listened to it all day.


This shows the perfect circle of the amnio sac surrounding the baby. Pretty impressive stuff, this pro-creation business. We have another ultrasound scheduled for April 22nd, and should be able to find out then if it's a boy or a girl.


The perfect ending to our great day: The giraffe crib set arrived this afternoon and it is CUUUUTE!

1 comment:

Nini said...

Yeah! So grat to see my little niece/nephew...already a cute littl raspberry!