Saturday, March 14, 2009

Aqua-riffic!


I made up my mind that this was the weekend I was going to paint the Baby's room. I've finally got some of my pep back and even managed to make it to the gym 3 days this week. I stopped and got a few paint samples and then the real work began:


I'd thought that I was decided on aqua, but there were so many great colors! I sat and stared for about 45 minutes. Ib said he wasn't crazy about aqua, in general, and suggested we paint a mural. He also suggested that I wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl before painting anything. I said it didn't matter because the room wasn't going to be pink, regardless. So, the correct husband-answer he gave was, "Do whatever makes you happy, my love."

I debated for awhile longer, but finally went with my first choice. It's vibrant, but not obnoxious, and I think it's going to be great with all the other brightly colored accents that will be in the room. This will be a very cheerful place!

Cooper had to stop by and supervise, as usual. He was just being nosey, since this room is usually off-limits.

I'm leaving the trim white. I really like this look. With the dark bamboo blinds, and the cherry crib, everything is going to come together really nicely! I managed to get 2 1/2 walls painted last night. Now I have to shuffle all the furniture to the other side of the room to finish. That will be another day, though. Today we're going to Phoenix to visit Hass & Amy, and Farlan, Shanika, Jayden & the newest (03.03.09) Contessa baby: Amar'e Vernon!

2 comments:

Clumsy/Creative said...

Love the color!!! It works for a boy or a girl! =)

Nini said...

I want to see the finished product!