Saturday, September 26, 2009

Lady in Waiting...and Waiting...and Waiting...


Patience has never been one of my virtues. And, as of lately, the calendar and I have become adversaries. "Technically" Knox isn't expected until the 29th but...when you've been ready since July...it's worse than waiting for your mom and dad to get out of bed on Christmas morning. Except that, this time, you don't know exactly when Christmas morning is.

Nevertheless, Ib and I have been enjoying some of our last days as a "family of two" together. We've been walking with the dogs, sleeping in for an extra hour, treating ourselves to dinner out...I even agreed to go to a movie!

Things are progressing, as far as labor is concerned. At my last visit Barbara, my nurse-midwife, told me she thinks Knox is about 8 pounds. I have begun to dilate, and she really expects he'll be here on, if not before, Tuesday. So now we sit back and wait. On an exciting note, mom and Amber will be arriving October 1st. At least we know when they'll be here...provided their flight isn't delayed.

Auntie Puff sent an awesome onesie: Dad-approved. Our neighbors surprised us with 2 huge boxes of baby clothes last week. We'd had a bit of an issue with them and their dogs several weeks ago. I think this was their way of making peace. It was really thoughtful of them, regardless. An old college friend surprised us with a hand-made burp cloth...it's got pirate skulls and crossbones and is just too cute! And Grandma Maria sent a baby-carrier and some sweet little socks. Thank you to everyone who continues to bless our little family!

Speaking of blessings our newest nephew, Zander Contessa, was born September 15th to a very proud Daddy Sjarief and Momma Tawnisha.

He weighed in at 7 pounds, 3 ounces. Labor went smoothly and everyone is home, healthy and happy.

We will get to meet him in February when they travel to Tucson for the gem show. Hopefully Knox will have decided to come out and join the party by then!

But I suppose there is no sense in letting this "free time" of mine go to waste. I believe the top of the ceiling fan needs dusted.

No comments: