Saturday, February 6, 2010

You're Gonna Love My Nuts!


Sham-Wow Vince. He's entertaining. Admit it. But the Sham-Wow is a sham...we know someone who has tried them.

Being the salsa-making master that he is, Ib is always looking for a way to speed up the process. A couple years back I bought the As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard. It's great for larger stuff, but Ib wanted a way to chop the cilantro. It's a pretty messy endeavor with a knife and cutting board.

We got to talking about it, and wouldn't you know, Jen Price surprised us with a parting gift once she got back home to Wisconsin. Yep, an authentic Slap Chop. Ib was so excited. He couldn't wait to make salsa again. I love how Vince's picture is on the box. As if you could mistake this kitchen commodity.

And, just as he suspected, it worked like a charm for chopping the cilantro.


Fresh salsa for the next visitors! Book your tickets now! But wait, there's more! If you come visit in the next 20 minutes...well, maybe Ib will let you use the Slap Chop, too.

2 comments:

Amber said...

How can German engineering be a sham?
You've crushed my infomercial hopes and dreams...

Mish said...

I'll have to remember that it's good for fresh herbs. Joe got a slap chop and was really excited about it, but I hate it because bigger veggie pieces get jammed up in there pretty easily. I'm coming down for some of that fresh salsa!