Friday, February 26, 2010

Knox + Bananas = Holy Sh*t!


At Knox's 4-month check up, Dr. Hobeich told us he was ready to start rice cereal, if we wanted.

Lately, he has been a bottomless pit, so we decided now was as good a time as any. He took to the spoon, well, like he'd been using one his whole life. But Ib thought we needed to make it taste better for him. He was crazy about them in the womb so, after a few helpings of plain cereal, Knox finally got to taste bananas first hand.


"You want me to eat WHAT?"

"Well...I'll try it, I guess..."

"HEY...let me have some more of that stuff!"

Like father, like son. Ib's first "real food" was mashed bananas, too. And now, Knox won't eat his cereal without them.

"Mmmmm...nanners!"

Like I said: Bottomless pit. One bowl just wasn't enough.

Mommy had to smarten up and blend some bananas ahead of time...so I can get him a second helping faster.

"Let me help you, Mom!"

"That's the stuff! Have I mentioned I love nanners?"

"My diaper? Oh...is that what that smell is?"

We've had 4 banana diapers today. Lucky for Mr. "Knox needs to have bananas", he was at work for all of them. But his day will come. And then he's going to need a full suit...not just the mask.

IF YOU KEEP EATING BANANAS, YOU'RE GOING TO TURN INTO A MONKEY! The cutest monkey, ever!

No comments: