Monday, March 8, 2010

Duck, Duck, Deuce...


When the family was in town for the gem show, Reef and Tawnisha were telling us how much fun they have taking baths with Zander. He gets to go in the "big tub" and he loves splashing around.

So, I thought, what the heck. I'll give it a try. I got out Knox's rubber duckies from Tia Arely for their maiden voyage. I filled the tub and got the temperature juuuuuust right.

I climbed in first, and then I lifted Knox over the side. He was pretty excited to be in all that water. He started splashing around right away.

"Look, Knox!" I told him, pointing at his ducks. "There's one, two, three yellow ducks. One purple duck. One brown duck...hey, that's not a duck!"

That's right: Knox dropped a deuce in the bath tub. And I had nowhere to go. I called Ib for help, but he couldn't do much while he was laughing. I was just trying to avoid the floater and hoping there were no more kids getting dropped off at the pool.

Finally, Ib took the baby (after we re-diapered him in the tub) so I could at least pull the plug. Then, I took a nice, hot shower. By myself.

So it was back to the blue tub for Knox: Bath time with Daddy, and some clean rubber duckies.

Maybe we'll try again some other day...after a diaper change.

No comments: