Sunday, December 5, 2010

Can't Beet It


Awhile back, I had a craving for beets. So I bought a can at the store. I took one bite and, disappointedly, realized that what I was really after was actually pickled beets...just like my grandma used to make.

So then I got to thinking about my childhood...and how much my sister loved beets when she was a baby. Always trying to make sure Knox gets his 5 servings of fruits & veggies every day, I wondered if he would like them. So yesterday we tried some for lunch.

You should have seen the twinkle in his eyes after he took that first bite.

Let's just say that by the time dinner was over, the can of beets was gone. I think we've got a new winner in the veggie department!


3 comments:

Nini said...

Nice! Markus loves beets. They are the one thing I don't like. I sure wish my kids ate as well as yours does. I mean...mine eat healthy, just not as willingly! Way to go Knox!

Mrs. IbStarC said...

HA! He is not nearly as willing as he used to be. We've taken to "hiding" he's vegetables amongst strawberries and blueberries. If he tastes the fruit first, he'll open wide. Otherwise, he throws it to the floor in disgust. Ugh.

Amber said...

YUK! Beets are soooo gross....