Saturday, December 18, 2010

Santa's Little Helper


It really is the most perfect tree! I thought that Knox would be able to help decorate this year, but as soon as I opened the tub of decorations he started ripping them out as fast as he could. So, we just put the lights on and waited until he went to bed to finish.

He is definitely a very good helper at UN-decorating, however. It is hard to scold him when he innocently runs to you, holding out a shiny treasure that he's plucked from the tree. So far we've been pretty unsuccessful in stopping him from taking the ornaments off, but we have managed to get him to put them back afterwards, at least. He's also snuck in a few toys amongst the branches.

Boys will be boys!

He was also thrilled to get a box from Great Grandma & Great Grandpa in the mail. We don't know what is inside, yet, but he quickly figured out that he can use it to better reach other things that he isn't supposed to touch.

Possibly the most heart-warming moment was when he lovingly placed Grandma Clark's elf on the sled to pull him across the floor. She would be so proud of this little munchkin.

2 comments:

Nini said...

It is a beautiful tree! Love it!! And I love that little nephew of mine too!

Amber said...

I miss my Christmas Tree! But it's in the milkhouse at Mom and Dad's and I don't have the heart to ask dad to dig his way through 90 inches of snow to get it for me!

Every time I see those elves, I smile.