Monday, October 10, 2011

Look Who's Two! Ah-ah-ah-ah!


In the midst of bringing home a new baby, we doubled our joy by celebrating big brother Knox's second birthday. It seems like only yesterday...

But it's true: Our little guy is 2! Grandma's giant birthday box of new books to read arrived the same day that she got to town. She also tracked down a classic Raggedy Andy doll, which is now displayed on the book shelf in the boys' room. Love it!


Grammy and Grampy sent a singing Elmo...and while it does talk, the volume is controlled by how hard (or soft) you squeeze his tummy. Lucky for us, Knox hasn't figured that out yet.


Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa's singing Tigger card was a hit. He played it over. And over. And over. And over. And over. And over...


But Daddy (as usual) scored the homerun.



We took him to the park down the street to surprise him with his "motorcycle."


It took him a few tries to get used to it, but now he rides just like Grampy.


That evening, we had a little get together at the house. It was a combination meet and greet for Thane and we served cake for Knox's birthday, too. Miss Jeriann and John came, as well as Vickie & Louie, Laura & John, Pete & Little Pete and the Howell Family.


Both boys received lots of wonderful gifts and we are truly thankful to have such thoughtful friends.


And, since it's my blog, I'm going to toot my own horn because I am pretty darn proud of the cake I made! Knox is very much into Sesame Street and The Count, so I thought it was only fitting.


I found some clear piping gel at Michaels and added the color. Ma found a kit for me with a piping bag and several differnt tips when she was here. I drew it freehand while looking at a picture I found online. It took me back to my cake-decorating days at Dairy Queen. Not too shabby!


And, from the looks of it, it didn't taste too bad either. Happy 2nd Birthday Knox Paulson! We love you more than words can express.

No comments: