Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Goodwrench


For about a month, now I've been hearing a squeak coming from my front brakes. Somehow I got the notion that changing the brake pads myself was a great idea. I did some research and found a great step-by-step video on Google. I also consulted with my head mechanics (Dad and Poppa Bond) before I headed off to the part store.

Oooh, look! They're NASCAR Performance brake pads! Suh-WEEEET!

Ib couldn't understand why it was so hard for me to smile while trying to loosen the lug nuts. At this point, the neighbors had a full-on view of my plumber's crack.

Ib changed the driver's side, but turned me loose on the passenger side. It was really easy once we figured out what all the parts and pieces were.

Things went so well, that we decided to change the brake pads on Ib's truck too. He's been riding around with the new ones in his back seat for about 3 years.

The pads on the Civic still had quite a bit of wear left. Not sure what the squeaking was...but we changed them anyway. Ib, on the other hand, caught his just in time. Boy does the truck stop nicely now!

Here's to getting dirty with my husband on a Saturday morning!

1 comment:

Nini said...

That is awesome! Nice work! I taught Markus how to change the oil in a car...so easy, and cheap too!