Sunday, May 10, 2009

Because I'm the Mom, That's Why


Since I'm rapidly outgrowing everything I own, I decided to treat myself to a little pre-Birthday/Mother's Day shopping trip last night. A couple special contributions from PA & OH facilitated this little outing.

JCPenney was having a great sale! 30-50% off selected maternity wear, plus coupons for $10-$15 off your total purchace. Black is definitely slimming.

I've also been working on my tan...it's slimming too. Though JCP had a much better selection than my old-faithful, Target, I was still horrified at some of the AWFUL patterns us poor pregnant gals are expected to wear. Give me ruffles, any day!


And what shopping trip would be complete without a trip to the baby department...especially now that I know what to buy!

More super sales in the baby department!


I picked this out for Daddy.

He likes turtles.

And the monkey on the skateboard was a must-have! It even came with a little matching hat.

TOO CUTE!


I found this hat awhile back and it's been buried in my sock drawer. Now it's got a place in the baby's room, just waiting for September (well, maybe November or December when the weather finally cools down!).

All in all, it was a very successful shopping trip! I figured I deserve to spoil myself on my Birthday and first Mother's Day. Now I can only hope that I don't outgrow these clothes overnight! Our little seamonkey is growing fast!


No comments: