Monday, May 11, 2009

Economic Stimulus


I'm pretty sure that after all this weekend's shopping excursions, I'm single-handedly responsible for stimulating the economy. So, "You're Welcome."

Sunday morning, after skating, Ib brought home breakfast and Birthday/Mother's Day flowers for me. He's the best!

After that, I headed back out to the mall to enjoy the air conditioning...and the sales! I picked up a few more maternity shirts and 2 pairs of jeans. I found a pair of shoes and some polo shirts for Ib, for work. I had decided, after all that, to skip the Goodwill store, but was sucked in by a rocking chair sitting outside. It turned out to be not in very good shape...but since I was already there, I decided I might as well go in. Adult clothes are $1.00 and kids' stuff is 50¢, so it's hard to beat!

These are to wear when he's out on the tractor with Grandpa. Shirt optional.

I thought this vest was pretty cute. It's 6-9 months, so the weather ought to be cool enough by the time he grows into it.

Immediately upon seeing this, Ib said, "We need to buy him some more skater clothes." Then he made some comment about me dressing the poor kid like a girl.

The tie didn't impress him, either. I thought it'd be cute for a family portrait. And for 25¢, who could leave it there?!

But the grand finale was the raincoat. I think it's adorable! Little reflective stripes and the embroidered fire truck and dalmatian...Come on!

Ib felt the need to remind me that we live "IN THE DESERT" and that generally one doesn't need a rain coat, unless IT RAINS. I just let him know that the coat is a size 2T. And, by the time our little guy grows into it, maybe we'll have moved or will go on vacation somewhere where it rains.

And won't Ib feel silly for making fun of me, then! When kids' rain coats cost $12.99, but luckily I spent that 50¢ two years ago and our kid is all set to jump in puddles.

No comments: