Sunday, November 8, 2009

One Month and Counting


Amazing...Knox is already one month old. Going on 6 weeks, now! He's such a ham. He has totally mastered smiling and is very close to laughing.

It shouldn't be long now, since Ib and I both laugh every time he shows us that goofy smile. He's a charmer, for sure!

I've been lucky enough to start working from home, part-time. My boss emails me as the jobs come in, and I work on them throughout the day. It's going quite well. I'm hoping it can become a much more regular, if not permenant, deal. Only time will tell.

The puppies and I made it out to the doggy park 2 nights this week as well. We did a quick lap around the duck pond, just so I felt like I got some exercise. I should get the OK from my Dr. this week to resume normal activities. Then they are really in for it! There is a nice 3 mile walking path around the park. And I've made up my mind to get rid of the rest of this baby weight before the holiday season inevitably adds to it.

Knox is quite enamored with the dogs. His face lights up when he sees them now. And he smiles when they lick him. Usually.

They are still getting used to the fact that they aren't the "babies" anymore. But they are doing quite well, all things considered. I find Cooper snoozing (but very alert) in Knox's room during nap time.

Even more shocking is the fact that Thanksgiving is only two short weeks away! The Rawns have graciously invited us to join their family for dinner again this year. Both Colin and Mel's parents will be in town. We're excited to see them and introduce Knox. It's always a nice holiday spent with them.

Between diapers and laundry and working and playing and being a mom and being a wife, it's been busy, busy, busy around our house! But I wouldn't have it any other way. ♥




No comments: