Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Raised on the Street


Sesame Street, that is.

Last week something made me think of a great set of Sesame Street books that my sister and I had growing up. We read them over and over and over. And then we read them some more! I thought it would be so fun to be able to share part of my childhood with Knox.

So, naturally, I did a bit of Google searching and came up with a huge lot of them for sale on Ebay. 16 hours later, I was (again) the proud owner of 34 fantastic books. They arrived yesterday. I've already read two of them to Knox. And he smiled and talked the whole time. I love it!

On our outing to Target (and to get my hair cut) today, I also found these little Richard Scarry board books. Another of my favorites. Knox is going to ask Santa for the Richard Scarry Best Word Book Ever (Mommy and Auntie Am used to have that one, too). And Dr. Seuss books...and Legos...

If I had only known! I got rid of all these things once...


2 comments:

Nini said...

Nice!! We have a few of these too...so when you come to visit Knox will feel right at home! ;)

Amber said...

I think the best word book ever is still at Mom and Dad's house. I'll help you look for it when you're home next.
xo,
Amber