Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hit Me With Your Best Shot


Tuesday marked Mr. Knox's 2 month birthday. And that is a milestone that is celebrated with vaccinations. So, today, it was off to the Dr.'s office. He now weighs 11 lbs. 7 oz., is 23 3/4" long and his head is 16" around. Dr. Hobeich said he is very happy with his growth and development and everything looks great!

Knox was a bit on the grumpy side, since he refused to eat before we left. I managed to get through the exam with the help of the binky. But when that nurse stuck his chubby little legs, boy, did he howl! Two shots in one leg, and one shot in the other. I did much better than I thought I would.

Even the Snoopy and Bugs Bunny band-aids were no consolation. But a few minutes cuddling with Mommy and he was good as new. He fell asleep in his car seat the minute I started the engine.

When we got home he was definitely giving me the stink-eye, complete with forehead wrinkles. I figured I'd be in the doghouse the rest of the afternoon.

But the minute I grabbed the camera, that little ham started grinning at me. He's such a doll!

He had a nice brunch, got a clean diaper, changed into his PJ's and took a good, long snooze. He must have told Mr. Giraffe E. Raffe what a rotten morning he had, before he fell asleep.

He was a little cranky this evening, so I gave him another dose of Tylenol. After playing with Daddy, he was happy as a clam again. What a tough cookie!

1 comment:

Nini said...

Glad he did well. I still can't wait to meet him...he is so stinking cute! Hope you are loving time with your family!