Saturday, December 26, 2009

Somebody Was a Good Boy This Year



A few days ago, I jokingly asked the mailman if "that was all he had for us" as he struggled to bring three large packages to our door. So, imagine my surprise when he replied, "Actually, I've got 3 more boxes in the truck."


Usually I am the one too impatient to wait for Christmas morning, but things change when there is a little one around. So I did not open one box until Christmas Eve. Except the box from Grammy...Mr. Giraffe E. Raffe was waiting patiently to be reunited with Knox.

I carefully arranged everything under the tree. Santa needs help, sometimes, you know.

Christmas morning, we had to wait for Daddy to shower and shave before we could open presents. He said he always had to wait for his Dad...

What he didn't tell us was that he'd already been under the tree. He opened one of his presents before Knox and I noticed. Santa had brought him some Royall Lyme aftershave and, in keeping with his Dad's tradition, he wanted to wear it on Christmas morning. Since he got two bottles, Santa guessed it would be OK.

There sure were fantastic and very thoughtful gifts in all those packages!

It was a pretty lean Christmas this year. But there was no shortage of the love we felt.

Even the puppies got a little something.

We enjoyed a lovely dinner with the Rawns and Estradas. Knox had his first trip to the park.

Thank you to everyone who helped make Knox's first Christmas extra special.

1 comment:

Nini said...

I think I see a Sesame Street character that looks just like Knox...oh...wait a minute...

Seriously...he is so cute! Merry Merry Christmas and thank you SOOO much for Polly...she is already well loved!