Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just Add Baby!


We have the greatest friends! This weekend we were lucky enough to have TWO baby showers hosted in our honor. Friday after work, Arely and Melissa hosted a shower with the rest of the girls from the office in the conference room.

Pat, one of our HR ladies, made this awesome baby carriage centerpiece for the party.

Arely froze little plastic babies in ice cubes. Each of the ladies got one in a cup. The first to have hers melt out of the cube had to yell "My water broke!" Luckily, my water did not break.

Melissa was one square of toilet paper too long around the belly.

Arely's was much too long! Maribel was the first to measure, and she was right on! That was pretty impressive.

The girls were so generous with their gifts and we spent a nice afternoon together.

Saturday morning we loaded up the Toyota and went to shower number two at Colin and Mel's house. They were mortified about the cake, and said they thought the janitor must have been filling in for the regular cake decorator. But I love it!

Laura and Vickie picked out a card about my "newest" attributes. How appropriate! Laura went a little crazy on the shopping side...I think she may have cleared out the store. We really appreciate everything, and so will Knox!

Knox also got some super sweet rockstar clothes.

Surprise boxes from Pennsylvania...

...and New Hampshire showed up, too! Thanks Grandmas & Grandpas!

We just want to take this opportunity to thank EVERYONE for their generous gifts and for thinking of our family over the past 9 months!

Our crafty friend Crystal made a personalized photo frame.

Love this blanket! So cute and so soft.

Jammies! They have little lion paw prints on the bottoms of the feeties.

I'm sure he'll be a frequent flyer by the ripe old age of two!

Punk rock shoes. Dad-approved.

His first pair of camo pants. Grandpa can teach him about hunting woodchucks out the kitchen window.

Diapers: Check! Recieving blankets: Check! Wash cloths: Check! Bottles, Binkies and Baby Shampoo: Check, check and CHECK!

I don't know where Knox is going to sleep...

Still have to find places for some things. We might need a bigger house.

Ib says by the time Knox outgrows this wardrobe, he ought to be old enough to get a job and buy bigger clothes himself. I think he's got a surprise coming...

More shoes than Imelda Marcos? And yes, those are baby crocs...thanks to Tia Arely!

I don't know what else we could possibly need...except Knox! 4 weeks and counting...

2 comments:

Nini said...

So FUN! So I was looking at the pictures and saw the cake before I read what you wrote and I thought to myself, 'oh, that is a funky cake...but it was nice of someone to do a home made cake..." then I read what you wrote, clicked on the picture to see it close up and just about died laughing! LOVE IT! I can only imagine how Mel must have felt when she first picked it up!...tell them it is really awesome and it really couldn't have been better! You are the perfect person to get such a cake. So wish we could have been there to celebrate you! You have heaps of stuff and it will all come in handy!

I should get your stuff off to you this week. I also have a heap of clothes that are coming your way...you can keep them or give them away if you already have too much!

Can't wait to meet KNOX!

Mrs. IbStarC said...

LOL! Mel said that he "warned her" that he was "no cake decorator" but she didn't realize the extent of his statement. The really funny part is that the girls had trouble with the cake at work, too! They handed Melissa a blank blue cake...and she had to point at the order form and argue with the lady 3 times to get her to even write anything on it. I think someone is trying to tell me that I don't need any more cake. :)