Thursday, August 13, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours...


Especially the day you finally decide to have your car washed and detailed. And to top it off, when I went to cash in my "rain check" today, the car wash was conveniently closed. But that is a post for another day...and hopefully I won't have to use the WiFi at the Women's Correctional Facility to blog about it. But I digress...

We've been blessed with a bounty of gifts arriving in the mail this week for Knox. Who knew they made socks this tiny?! I just love it!

Turtles!

Great Aunt Nancy said she was "having some fun" with the NASCAR outfits. Daddy isn't so sure about these...I'm just glad they're not Earnhardt, Jr.

The puppies were excited to find out that this book has a squeaker in it. However, their joy was short-lived when they were forbidden to chew on it. I think we're going to have some issues with sharing...and Knox isn't going to be the one with the problem.

My old, dear friend Jenni sent us a goody package. We used to ride the school bus together and recently re-connected on Facebook. I love the internet!

Love, love, love the binky clips! She also said to use them on teethers...which I never would have though of!

The mesh zipper bag for the washer (perfect for keeping tiny baby socks together) was also a genius idea! I suppose someday I might have some cool "mom" tricks like that...but for now I'm so thankful to have people sharing their tips with me!

Aunt Puff was so excited when she found this vintage treasure: 1973 Fisher-Price Little People Circus Train Animals. Of course, she is partial to the elephant. They remind us of some of the animals we used to play with at Grandma's house. She said Knox had to have them, and I'm sure he will love them!

No comments: