Sunday, August 16, 2009

One Year


One year ago, today, Ib and I said our vows on the beach in Santa Cruz. It seems like only yesterday I was driving everyone crazy with my obsessive-compulsive, mirco-managing wedding planning. Of course, now I've replaced that with my obsessive-compulsive baby planning! HA HA!

But it's been a great first year and we're looking forward to many, many more years together.

This was our 2nd date (circa August 2005), and when Ib met Vinnie for the first time.

Our engagement photo, at Natural Bridges (August 2007)

Our wedding day: August 16, 2008

Ib brought me some beautiful roses. We've enjoyed a nice quiet weekend at home, and spent today stuffing ourselves silly. This morning we went to one of our favorite breakfast joints, Bobo's, where the whole restaurant wished us a happy anniversary and sang to us.

Tonight, our anniversary tradition, we had dinner at Olive Garden. That's where we had our first date.

Now we're just counting down the days til Little Knox joins our family. Year number two is going to be an interesting one, but we're ready for it and looking forward to every minute.

One thing is for sure...I'd marry him all over again! I ♥ you, Ib!

1 comment:

Nini said...

Happy Anniversary! Love that you are part of our family! Can't wait to meet Knox! You are a great wife/sister/and going to be a great mom!